1832 : Just a few years before France gets equipped with a railway and modern communication network.
In the meantime, to sell Armagnac, this famous Eau-de-vie traced back to Henri IV and d'Artagnan, practical facilities were created: Pont de Bordes, near Nérac is the place where the first trading House of Armagnac settled with its cellars alongside an old roman road and on a tributary of the Garonne river, the Baïse.
Baron Haussmann, Deputy of Nérac between 1832 and 1839, encourages our family to get involved in the business. Thanks to him, our family has traded from 1832 casks brought by carts from the Bas Armagnac region.
For almost 50 years, Pont de Bordes first, then Condom will be the important center in the Armagnac trading.
Initially, our trading House bears the name Jules Nismes Delclou& Cie.
Ennobled by King Louis XVIII in 1818, the Castarède family gave the company its name and its coat of arms.
In 1832, our company was included in the trade register as the first trading House declared in Armagnac trading.
172 years later, the Castarède family will find again the Baron Haussmann spirit in settling in the heart of Paris (8th District), indeed Florence Castarède opened in 2006 a show room, a place dedicated to culture where artists, writers and Armagnac's connoisseurs can share a glass of Armagnac in a friendly atmosphere modeled on of Henri IV and D'Artagnan.
A family heritage
The generations succeed one another...
In 1932, Raymond Castarède take over the family company.
This family business which had a great activity in the beginning, has not known the development that it should have had for some reasons, in particular for geographical reasons. And in our family we are more collectors than merchants. Very active in the local institutions ( Company of Musketeers, BNIA, federation of Armagnac...) Raymond Castarède has repeteadly promoted this Eau-de-vie from Gascony.
His wife, then his son, Jean Castarède, have continued to celebrate this french brandy.
Today, Jean Castarède's daughter, Florence Castarède runs the company. She does not hesitate to travel the world to share with people this extraordinary family heritage full of history, with a catching joy of living.
"I am lucky to stand for the sixth generation of the oldest trading House, Established in 1832.
Days after days, I commit myself to pursuing the work of my beloved ancestors in praising South West of France's Art de vivre and the conviviality and also in promoting all over the world our fantastic Armagnac, fruit of the selection of perfumed, supple and silky sweet eaux-de-vie.
In my castle, the Château de Maniban or anywhere in the world, I enjoy making people discover our style, the uniqueness of our Armagnac, the expression of the different aspects of our such unique terroir.My dearest wish would be that the connoisseurs keep in mind the perfect balance and the
memory of an exceptional moment!"
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.