OFF Sample Image Only
Fresh and intense on the nose, it opens with notes of juniper and citrus fruits (yuzu and orange peels, candied lemon), complemented by flowers (violet) and fennel with the soft spices and licorice. Very delicate palate with a beautiful freshness, it follows the floral profile of the nose but on a spicier and fruitier expression with tangerine, melon and cubeb. It evolves with notes of angelica, ... read more
Fresh and intense on the nose, it opens with notes of juniper and citrus fruits (yuzu and orange peels, candied lemon), complemented by flowers (violet) and fennel with the soft spices and licorice. Very delicate palate with a beautiful freshness, it follows the floral profile of the nose but on a spicier and fruitier expression with tangerine, melon and cubeb. It evolves with notes of angelica, nutmeg, orris root and star anise. Very long on the finish, floral and fruity, on citrus fruits, almonds, cumin, savory and grains of paradise.-Distiller Notes
The work at Chteau de Bonbonnet, of course, is all about creating artisanal spirits that are meant to be savored. On that July day in 1996, we had a particular one in mind: gin. How could we distill the essence of this region into one perfectly crisp spirit? We were lunching on the back terrace, and the debate as is often the case with close family was lively. The challenge was issued: create summer in a glass. Beyond the obvious juniper berry, lay a mlange of botanicals that would make a unique gin.
The discussion moved to the distillery. Bent over the open flame copper pot stills, they began to experiment. It took 19 aromatics and botanicals, layered in just so, before they re-convened around the table to agree: this gin would be the perfect tonic and cocktail partner.
For more than 20 years, we have shared this fine Gin de France all over the world. But we have never stop trying to make it better. Our ultimate goal is to make Citadelle in the same way vintners make fine wine, with terroir from juniper berries grown on our estate. A true chateau-to-bottle gin. So, we are clearing acreage and planting junipers with an eye toward future harvests.-Distillery Notes
- 1L (liquor) size — NV (currently viewing)
- 750mL (liquor) size — NV (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.