The vision for Ultramarine, as presented to our design agency, Stranger & Stranger, ... read more
The vision for Ultramarine, as presented to our design agency, Stranger & Stranger, was the bluest label possible. Their extensive research revealed some fascinating routes to explore. One referenced the use of ultramarine as a sacred colour in art. Ultramarine was an incredibly expensive pigment to achieve, requiring the lapis lazuli stone. Only found in certain areas of what is now Afghanistan, lapis lazuli was a luxury of the ancient world and, in the case of paint pigment, was reserved for art with holy subject matter. The rarefied nature of ultramarine survives to this day and continues to convey a luxurious character to anything associated with it. Our label features Salacia, the Roman goddess of the deep ocean. She is the anchor for a giant ultramarine cloth, like youd see in paintings of the Madonna. The label seeks to draw link between the sea and Renaissance conceptions of preciousness and luxury.
Ultramarine launches the Extinct Blends Quartet and is our reimagining of a deluxe Scotch that emerged in the late 1980s. The first few batches of this iconic whisky were based around characterful stocks of malt and grain, drawn from Scotlands Whisky Loch of the late 70s and early 80s. While still a fascinating product today, a compelling antique quality can be found in the earliest bottlings. Meaning beyond the sea, Ultramarine builds upon peated malts, Sherry maturation, and boldly creamy grain whisky. Like the three releases that will follow, we have used our imaginations and extremely tasty parcels of whisky to offer modern interpretations on great blended Scotch of the past.
Compass Box's modus operandi and strong work ethic is what sets them apart as an independent bottler and blender like no other. Compass Box buy individual casks and focus on creating a craftsman-like boutique product. None of their bottlings are chill-filtered, nor is any colouring added and are all married exclusively in American oak. This brings the characteristic sweetness to the whisky.
One of their unique expressions and a superb example of their methodology is Compass Box Hedonism. This is a marriage of between eight and fifteen different grain whiskies, most of which are over twenty years old and all are aged in first-fill American oak. Hedonism went on to be heralded as the World's Best Grain Whisky at the 2008 World Whisky Awards. John Glaser was himself featured four times in Whisky Magazine as Innovator of the Year
- 750mL (bubbly) size — NV(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.