Alc. by volume: 18
Try it with: Prosecco, Gin, Vodka
About the Distillery
Ute Londrigan experimented with her recipe over the years, but it was her move from Germany to New York state-with its network of small, tight-knit family farms and orchards-that brought her vision of capturing the flavor and memory of her homeland to fruition.
Ute's line of fruit liqueurs is an ode to family tradition, and an effort to make tangible her sense of home and belonging: Heimat New York works closely in partnership with New York's finest farms to source fresh seasonal fruit for their handcrafted, small-batch liqueurs. The lineup of liqueurs includes blackberry, rhubarb, white peach, raspberry, cranberry, elderflower and nectarine. The process uses the whole fruit, and is on its way to being completely zero waste; there are no additives, colors, or preservatives, remaining authentic to nearly 100 years of German tradition. Ute's relationship with local farmers and growers is essential-she picks up the fruit herself-their rhubarb is from Long Island; blackberries, pears, and white peaches are from farms in the Hudson Valley; Raspberries are from just beyond the Finger Lakes; and Cranberries are sourced far north, close to the Canadian border.
Heimat New York produces only once a year, whenever the fruit is in season in New York; this allows the team to capture the fruit in the bottle at peak season.
"There is no true translation of 'Heimat' in English. The dictionary may say 'homeland' but its so much more than that. Heimat describes the feeling about where you are from, where your roots are. Its the smell of your mothers Sunday dish, the feeling of being recognized at your local bakery, the taste of your favorite food as a child, the way cars sound as they drive down your street, how your family celebrates the holidays. Its the warm sense of belonging that you long for the rest of your life. Heimat captures all of your senses."
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.