OFF Sample Image Only
This unique complexity is achieved by expertly blending an extremely ... read more
This unique complexity is achieved by expertly blending an extremely diverse, but complementary range of malt whiskies, each of which has been matured for a minimum of 12 years and some for much longer. In total, up to 40 malts and grain whiskies make up the Johnnie Walker Black Label blend. Island and Islay malts deliver spice, richness and lingering peat. Speyside malts make an important contribution to the depth of taste, bringing smoky malt, fruitiness, apple freshness and a rich sherry character to the blend. At the heart of Black Label lies 12 year old Cardhu, an outstanding malt from Speyside, which imparts silkiness, a characteristic which has made it famous as a single malt
In Britain prior to 1860, it was illegal to sell blended whisky. During that time John Walker sold a number of whiskies--notably his own Walker's Kilmarnock. In 1865, John's son Alexander produced their first blend, Walker's Old Highland.
Alexander Walker introduced the iconic square bottle in 1860. This meant more bottles fitting the same space and resulted in fewer broken bottles. The other identifying characteristic of the Johnnie Walker bottle is the label, which is applied at an angle of 24 degrees and allows text to be made larger and more visible.
- 1.75L size — NV (available to order)
- 1L (liquor) size — NV (currently viewing)
- 750mL (liquor) size — NV (available to order)
- 375mL (liquor) size — NV (available to order)
- 200mL size — NV (available to order)
- 50mL (plastic) size — NV (available to order)
- 750mL (liquor) size — 2018 (currently unavialable)
- 750mL (Liquor Gift Set) size — NV (currently unavialable)