"The World Whiskies Awards announced the winners for some of its most coveted categories at a special event on March 30th in London. Hundreds of distillers and industry veterans in attendance that night patiently awaited the big reveal: Worlds Best Single Malt. And many of them might still be busy picking their jaws up off the ballroom floor. The grand prize went not to a producer from the major malt making regions of ... read more
"The World Whiskies Awards announced the winners for some of its most coveted categories at a special event on March 30th in London. Hundreds of distillers and industry veterans in attendance that night patiently awaited the big reveal: Worlds Best Single Malt. And many of them might still be busy picking their jaws up off the ballroom floor. The grand prize went not to a producer from the major malt making regions of Scotland, Ireland or Japan. Instead it was collected by M&H out of Tel Aviv. Yes, the Tel Aviv in Israel."
The distillery, formerly known as Milk & Honey, won the accolade for its Sherry Cask expressionnon-chill filtered and bottled at 46% ABV. Now weve got some exclusive words with the man responsible for crafting it, head distiller Tomer Goren.
But first were going to tell you a little bit about what this now-iconic liquid tastes like. Initially released in mid-2020, M&H Sherry Cask is part of the brands Elements series which focuses on unique components of maturation. To wit, it is actually the first whisky ever to be aged in Kosher sherry casks from the Jerez region of Spain. In the hot and arid Middle Eastern climate, the application of this cooperage has imbued the underlying whisky with a thumping melody of red fruit, dark chocolate and, ultimately, tobacco. Its a complicated symphony to consider and one which lingers on the palate for far longer than you might suspect from a non-age-statement offering.
"This is the first ever single malt whisky to be matured in Kosher sherry casks, seasoned exclusively for Milk & Honey in Jerez. Aged in bourbon, Oloroso, and PX sherry casks, this medium-bodied whisky has through lines of rich fruit and dark chocolate, with a finish of gentle oak and tobacco. Non-chill filtered with no added color. Star-K Certified Kosher. 46% ABV"
Single malt whisky produced by Milk & Honey Distillery in Tel Aviv, Israel
100% unpeated malted barley double distilled on copper pot stills
The first ever single malt whisky to be matured in Kosher sherry casks, seasoned exclusively for M&H in Jerez
Aged in ex-bourbon, Oloroso, and PX sherry casks
Non-age statement; aged a minimum of three years
Medium-bodied with through lines of rich fruit and dark chocolate, with a finish of gentle oak and tobacco
Named Worlds Best Single Malt at the 2023 World Whiskies Awards
Star-K Kosher Certified
Non-chill Filtered; 46% ABV
Founded in 2012 and nestled in the urban landscape of vibrant Tel Aviv, Milk & Honey is Israels first whisky distillery. While M&H was built upon the bedrock of Scottish whisky-making tradition (they employed the late Dr. Jim Swan, one of the worlds most accomplished master distillers, as their advisor), the Mediterranean climate surrounding the distillery has required a unique approach to tried-and-true methods, made successful by the ingenuity of Milk & Honeys passionate team. Milk & Honey whiskies are double-distilled and aged a minimum of 3 years, though the hot and humid environment accelerates aging, creating spirits that taste distinctly older than expected from their time in barrel. Employing a variety of barrel types (including specially commissioned, certified Kosher ex-sherry barrels from Jerez) M&H spirits are all certified Kosher.
- 750mL (liquor) size — NV(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.