Inaugural release in Pinhooks Collaboration Series Blended from 5 barrels of whiskey distilled in Kirby, Wyoming that Pinhook purchased in 2012 Aged, blended, and bottled at Castle & Key Distillery in Frankfort, KY Mash bill of 68 Corn, 20 Wheat, 12 Barley Aged 10 Years 57.65 ABV 700 bottles total were produced for this edition This bottling is the first of two editions blended in collaboration with Andr Hueston ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
Inaugural release in Pinhooks Collaboration Series Blended from 5 barrels of whiskey distilled in Kirby, Wyoming that Pinhook purchased in 2012 Aged, blended, and bottled at Castle & Key Distillery in Frankfort, KY Mash bill of 68 Corn, 20 Wheat, 12 Barley Aged 10 Years 57.65 ABV 700 bottles total were produced for this edition This bottling is the first of two editions blended in collaboration with Andr Hueston Mack, award-winning winemaker of Maison Noir Wines and the first African-American to be named Best Young Sommelier in America by Chane de Rtisseurs
Pinhook takes a winemakers approach to whiskey, inspired by Co-founder and Master Blender Sean Josephs time as a sommelier. Andr Hueston Mack is the founder and award-winning winemaker of Maison Noir Wines and was the first African-American to be named Best Young Sommelier in America by Chane des Rtisseurs. Sean and Andr met while working at the lauded New York restaurant Per Se and have been friends ever since. Their collaboration on two five-barrel batches, blended from the ten Wyoming Whiskey barrels Pinhook purchased in 2012, is a tribute to Andrs superlative palate, his long-standing friendship with Sean, and the inspiration Pinhook draws from the world of wine.
Pinhooking is a term used to describe the practice of buying young, thoroughbred horses, overseeing their initial development, and then re-selling them as race-ready champions-in-training. The Pinhook brand pays tribute to this practice and the parallels between investing in a horses potential and that of a young whiskey. Optimism, patience, and vision are paramount when training a young horse for future victory and aging whiskey until its ready to blossom in-glass.
Every year, Pinhook releases a new batch each of bourbon & rye; the whiskey in any given release intended to be the best expression of Pinhooks barrels at that moment in time. Blends and proofs change batch to batch to best highlight that releases unique attributes and can be thought of, quite appropriately, as a whiskey vintage.
The newly restored Castle & Key Distillery in Frankfort, KY, plays home to Pinhooks operations. Built in the late 1800s, Castle & Key was the original residence for Old Colonel Taylor. Recently, Pinhook has begun releasing whiskey crafted and distilled by Castle & Keyamongst the first distillates made there since its restorationand featuring Pinhooks carefully selected proprietary mash bills for bourbon and rye.
Pinhooking is an old Kentucky term for purchasing young thoroughbreds, holding them until they mature, and selling them when they are ready to run. Successful pinhooks – much like whiskey -- are made on instinct, experience, an appreciation of quality, and a little luck. We handcraft our bourbon and rye to reflect the richness of the Kentucky soil and the character of its beautiful horse country, where we run our operations out of the newly restored Castle & Key distillery in Millville, KY
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.