We invite you to learn one of Costa Rica's well-kept secrets: the preparation of rum. Rum is the most traditional licor in Central America and the Carribean. Its unique flavor has caracteristics measured by color, depth and capacity to combine well making this licor the king of all beverages. In Costa Rica rum is aged in fine oak barrels with exquisit sugar cane from the same country and producers what we call Ron Centenario.
The process of creating Ron Centenario begins with carefully selecting the sugar cane. A strong stem filled with a juicy tissue where the sugar is extracted. Costa Rica's tropical climate, favored by the volcanic soil and natural riches, are ideal conditions for harvesting this plant.
Every 15 months the harvest coincindentally takes place during the summer. The stem is removed by hand and carried to the trapiche in order to extract the juicy nectar and benefit from its sweet products.
The juice is submitted to a fermentation process where special yeast transforms the sugar into alcohol and other products. Once the fermentation procedure is completed, the premium material of the finest rum in costa rica is now ready to be purified by a distillation process that refines and separates all the different products obtained. One of the products of this distillation procedure is named young alcohol which is stored in fine white oak barrels initiating the ageing process that gives Ron Centenario its exquisit aroma, unique flavor and the caracteristics of the finest rum in Costa Rica.
Ron Centenario conserves its premium quality and uncomparable flavor by completing a very special blending process, which is the very secrect of the Ron Centenario recipe, before the rum is bottled and distributed.
- 750mL (liquor) size — NV (currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.