OFF Sample Image Only
In the mid- to late-1800s, many of New York's poorest areas were riven by violent gang warfare. In the lower Manhattan area was the poorest and most squalid area of all, The Five Points. This was a slum of disease, depravity and destitution. And it was here that the most famous – or notorious – gangs of all ruled the streets.
THE DEAD RABBITS
The Dead Rabbits were a notorious Irish immigrant street gang whose sworn enemies were the nativist anti-immigrant Bowery Boys. Their antagonism came to a head in a notorious riot that raged for days in 1857. Up to a thousand gang members were involved before order was finally restored. The leader of the Dead Rabbits was John Morrissey, a notorious figure who would later go on to become a Democratic congressman and senator.
The Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey is crafted by Master Distiller, Darryl McNally of the Dublin Liberties Distillery, in Dublin's traditional home of distilling. The building is over 400 years old and, believe it or not, was once a tannery where rabbit fur was processed. In whiskey, as in life, some things are just meant to be.
DARRYL MCNALLY, MASTER DISTILLER
Darryl McNally is the Master Distiller for The Dublin Liberties Whiskey Company and one of Ireland's leading experts on Irish whiskey.
As Master Distiller of The Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey, Darryl is responsible for all aspects of production, from selecting the grains to be used to create each whiskey, to carefully blending and distilling the liquid to achieve whiskies of the highest quality possible. His skill and passion for whiskey-making is evident from the care and effort he puts into the process and from the success of the DLD brands, which are amongst the fastest-growing Irish Whiskies in the world today.
Daryl has over 20 years in the Irish whiskey industry. He started as an apprentice at Ireland's oldest distillery where he worked for 17 years, achieving his goal of becoming Master Distiller in 2007. In addition to distilling and blending, Darryl's extensive experience across all aspects of Irish Whiskey includes packaging, supply chain management and bottling.
THE DEAD RABBIT GROCERY & GROG, NYC
The shelves are the story of Irish whiskey. And the menus are sought-after, talked-about and award-winning documents. This is what makes the Dead Rabbit unique and why it's won best bar in the world. Twice. The Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey reflects this in the care and craft that goes into every drop. Working hand in hand with Darryl McNally, leading Irish whiskey distiller, The Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey was conceived – inspired by the gangs and the bar before it.
- 750mL (liquor) size — NV (currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.