There are many factors involved ... read more
There are many factors involved in this and barrel entry proof plays an important role. Proofis controlled both as it enters the barrel (barrel entry proof) and as it leaves the barrel (bottle proof) by adding water to achieve a desired flavor profile. A higher concentration of water added as it enters the barrel, resulting in a lower proof, allows for less water to be added upon exit, which results in a greater concentration of the natural flavors absorbed from the charred oak. Barrel entry proof has changed over the past two centuries. The bourbon of the 19th century had a barrel entry of 100 to 103 proof. After the repeal of Prohibition, barrel entry proof levels began to increase.
In 1962 the barrel entry proof was increased to the present 125 proof standard. This 2022 Masters Collection features the 100 proof entry of a bygone era and is presented at 90.4 proof. The result is this Historic Barrel Entry, a rich and darkly robust expression
of Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Color: Deep russet orange
Aroma: An alluring medley of vanilla bean and dried apple dusted with nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon with a hint of cocoa. Roasted coffee and hazelnut soften into notes of dark cherry and plum muddled with spearmint.
Taste: Richtoastedoakistemperedbyoverripebananaandamedleyof cooked berry fruits. Hints of leather, coffee, and baking spice trail into minty dark chocolate.
Finish: A lingering finish of charred oak, leather, and orange oil.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.