Chateau Larose Trintaudon > History
Share this page
CREATION IN 1719
The origins of the domain go back to 1719, but it was in 1838 that a certain Henry Delaroze, mayor of Saint-Laurent, created a vineyard on the parcel known as the "tènement de Trintaudon", a magnificent gravelly hillside up to then uncultivated.
The property is mentioned under the name of " Trentaudon " in the first edition of « Bordeaux and its Wines" published by Féret (1850)/ In the second edition of Féret (1868), it is classed as a cru bourgeois, then in the third edition (1874), as a cru bourgeois supérieur.
In 1870, Comte Ernest de Lahens presided over this domain of 345 ha and commissioned the building of château Trintaudon, capped with its distinctive tower dominating the landscape like a lighthouse in an ocean of vines.
DECLINE AND RENAISSANCE
Prosperity, passage through the hands of several owners, then the ravages of phylloxera and mildew took their toll on the viticultural vocation of the property.
In 1923, Comte Tchernoff, a white Russian migrant, delivered the fatal blow to the domain. He spent 7 million francs in an attempt to become a pioneer of industrial dairy farming, but in pulling up the greater part of the vines he ruined both the domain and himself.
In 1963, after having been owned by a great Spanish general Duke Del Infantado, the domain Trintaudon was bought in a state of semi-abandon by the Forner family, who were already proprietors of Château Camensac and Marques de Caceres in the Rioja wine region of Spain. 175 hectares of the best grape varieties were planted on the scientific advice of an eminent wine and vineyard specialist, Professor Émile Peynaud.
IN THE PORTFOLIO OF AGF-ALLIANZ
In 1986, the insurance company Allianz bought the domain, now one of the largest vineyards in the Medoc both in terms of size and production, based on the great potential of its 'terroir' It has since built up a fine reputation and is now considered one of the very best Crus Bourgeois.
Searched for: brand: chateau larose trintaudon
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.