CHATEAU PALOUMEY : THE FINESSE OF THE HAUT-MEDOC
Château Paloumey is in Ludon-Médoc, in the south of the Haut-Médoc appellation, between Château La Lagune and Cantemerle, both Grand Cru Classés of 1855. Thanks to the privileged location of our plots, Paloumey's 34 hectares of vines, present a wide range of terroirs.
Hilltops of Garonne gravel dating from the Quaternary period, sand and pebbles make up the 24 hectares of vines planted around Château Paloumey. The property also has 10 hectares of ancient Garonne gravel and clay soil in Cussac-Fort-Médoc, a commune that lies on the edge of the Saint Julien appellation.
The blending of this mosaic of exceptional terroirs gives Château Paloumey and its second wine Ailes de Paloumey, complexity, elegance and a structure worthy of the Haut-Médoc's finest properties.
Before replanting Paloumey's vineyard in 1990, analyses of the soil and subsoil were carried out in order to establish their winegrowing potential. These analyses, combined with climate data, resulted in the creation of a profile for each plot and enabled us to plant the grape varieties that were best suited to the characteristics of the terroir.
Château Paloumey's vineyard is planted with three classic Médoc grape varieties: 55% Cabernet Sauvignon (a late-ripening variety that forms the backbone of the wine, bringing complexity, structure and ageing potential), 40% Merlot (an early-ripening variety that brings suppleness, roundness and freshness) and 5% Cabernet Franc (bringing finesse and spicy aromas).
In the time-honoured tradition of Bordeaux's wines, Château Paloumey and Ailes de Paloumey result from a plot selection made every year, and a subtle blend of these three grape varieties, combining each one's qualities to produce the best possible wine.
THE MEDOC, AN EXCEPTIONAL TERROIR
Brought by rivers over thousands of years, following the melting of the glaciers in the Tertiary and Quaternary periods, sand, gravel, clay and pebbles make up the Médoc's gravelly soil. Sculpted by time into small hills, the gravel terraces provide natural drainage for the vines.
Perfectly located on the 45th parallel, between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gironde estuary, the Médoc benefits from a temperate climate well-suited to winegrowing. The region is divided into eight appellations producing exceptional wines : Haut-Médoc, Margaux, Moulis-en-Médoc (the three AOCs where Paloumey has its vines), Listrac-Médoc, Saint-Julien, Pauillac, Saint-Estèphe and Médoc.
Searched for: brand: chateau paloumey
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.