Brother-and-sister team Paolo and Lucia Bianchini continue to make excellent Brunellos in the tradition of their father, Giuseppe, who died in 2004. They are better employing their new modern cellars, which were completed last year, and continue to maintain their south-facing vineyards at near pristine levels. The Brunellos emphasize finesse and balance, with layers of ultrafine tannins and subtle ripe fruit, yet they age incredibly well. The Bianchini family was gifted its Brunello estate in 1985 by Countess Elda Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona, who had no heirs; Giuseppe had been the estate manager." -- The Wine Spectator, July 31, 2007
Ciacci Piccolmini is one of the most sought-after producers in all of Italy. This ancient estate has 35 hectares of superior holdings in the prized Castelnuovo dell'Abate zone, including the "Pianrosso" vineyard (from which the best grapes are selected for the Brunello di Montalcino) and the "Fonte" vineyard, which produces grapes for the Rosso di Montalcino. Plantings of Syrah, Cabernet, and Merlot are to the south, where the Orcia river provides a milder microclimate. The non-traditional wines are as exciting as the Brunello and Rosso: "Ateo," which means "atheist", is a statement against the restrictive laws that govern winemaking in Italy; the wine is a blend of Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and received 90 pts from Parker for the 2003 vintage. 100% Syrah "Fabius" is one of the greatest expressions of that varietal in Italy: Parker once called it "the finest Italian Syrah I have tasted."
Vineyard Management: Although the estate is not certified, the guidelines of organic agriculture are followed. Only sulfur- and copper-based products are used. The area is sheltered by Mount Amiata and enjoys excellent air circulation. Only organic fertilizers are used (there is a cattle farm nearby for manure). The soil between the rows of vines is tilled and no herbicides are used. Minimum dosages of SO2 is used in the wines.
More info and FAQ below
Farming Practice: Practicing Organic
Searched for: brand: ciacci piccolomini d'aragona
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.