Marisco was selected as the New Zealand winery of the year in 2011 by the IWSC in London. The Marris family are descendants of William de Marisco (approximately 1100 AD), who was said to be one of the 35 illegitimate children of King Henry the First. They are pioneers in the wine industry of the Marlborough wine region.
Their vineyard is located on the banks of the Waihopai River and on the Southern side of the Wairau Valley. The Waihopai River runs the length of their 268 ha vineyard and not only provides a picturesque boundary but its ancient river shingles are an essential part of the vineyard's terroir. This location consistently enjoys warmer daytime temperatures and lower rainfall than areas to the North. These daytime temperatures, followed by cool nights, encourage intense flavor development which is the hallmark of Marlborough wine. In February 2009 they broke ground on a new 6,000 ton state of the art winery, and the 2010 vintage was the first crush in the new facility.
Marisco produces three brands, Fernlands, The Ned and The Kings Series. Fernlands is the newest of the wines produced by Marisco. The fruit is all estate grown. The Ned was launched in 2006 and is named after one of the tallest, most rugged peaks to the southeast of their vineyard. In October 2009 they launched The Kings Series range, a celebration of their family heritage dating back to the 12th Century. Each wine in the range tells a story about their ancestors, the de Mariscos, and their tempestuous relationship with the English monarchy.
Searched for: brand: marisco vineyards
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.