In 1906 Cesare Mondavi immigrated to the United States from Italy in pursuit of the American Dream. He moved his family in 1922 from Hibbing Minnesota to the California wine country. From their humble beginnings in the grape shipping business, the Mondavi family has thrived and branched out in several directions. Today the combined presence of family members has established the Mondavi name as one of the foremost in the world of fine wine.
The Project: Continuum is yet another page in the Mondavi family legacy, a '5th beginning'. Founded in 2005, it is a partnership of members of the Robert Mondavi family. It is a rededication and refinement of the family's longstanding commitment to excellence in winemaking. Continuum's goal is to produce a single wine that is recognized among the finest in the world
The Partners: The partners in Continuum represent three generations. At the helm is Tim Mondavi who led the winegrowing team at Robert Mondavi Winery for 30 years. He is joined in guiding the vision and direction by his sister Marcia. His father Robert was also an integral part in helping Tim create the Continuum project, along with Robert's wife Margrit. Their combined passion and creativity are the primary inspiration for this important new beginning. Carissa Mondavi is the first of the third generation to join the winery.
The Production: Continuum Partners launched Continuum with the 2005 vintage. In this initial vintage, the family produced a single wine, a unique blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Petit Verdot and 20% Cabernet Franc. This promising wine continues the family's proud tradition of producing balanced wines of power, finesse, elegance and complexity. The first release yielded 1500 cases.
The Pedigree: The Continuum partnership is more than just the ongoing legacy of the Mondavi family. It is a renewed commitment to the innovation, excellence, and artistic expression in grape growing and winemaking. The grapes for both the 2005 and 2006 vintages come from vineyards in the Oakville appellation, cultivated by the Mondavi family for decades. The 2007 vintage also includes fruit from Pritchard Hill, where the new Mondavid Estate Vineyard is located, and the future of Continuum will reside. The wines are raised with time honored and respectful techniques, acquired over four generations and 85 years of experience. The grapes are hand harvested into small lug-boxes, hand-sorted and fed by gravity into small Oak Tanks for fermentation. The wines are aged in 100% new French Oak barrels and bottled unfined and unfiltered.
Searched for: brand: continuum estate
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.