There's a quiet side street in Amsterdam. There's not a lot of traffic, and nothing particularly exceptional to set it apart. But there we found some of the last practitioners of alchemy in the world.They take relatively common ingredients, and turn them into something truly remarkable. They're master blenders of rum, and they've been doing it since the 1700s, when the bounty of the Caribbean crossed the trade routes in creaking sailing vessels, returning to the old world.We challenged those master blenders to free the flavor that has been distilled out of rum by mass producers who were intent on dumbing down one of the world's great spirits. They took us to Trinidad, where they hand-selected individual barrels of white rum, not to be used immediately, but to be aged for 5 more years, maturing, mellowing, and developing complexity in their oaken casks.Then to Jamaica. There they selected 15 different types of pot still rum, the finest examples of this traditional Jamaican method they could find. And finally, they succeeded. They drew on hundreds of years of experience and tradition to create Denizen. A truly unique rum, one that refuses to fall prey to the bland, characterless taste of most white rums, or the overpowering taste of dark rums.So who is this remarkable spirit for?Take a look at the name. The word Denizen is derived from the Latin word Deintus, translated "from within". It was widely used between the 17th and 19th centuries to describe free spirited people who traveled around the world seeking new things and exploring new places.And the "denizens" of the new millennium? They're the ones with the courage to find their own way, who refuse to accept life as they find it and insist on shaping it to their own vision. These are the people for whom we undertook our quest. For whom we developed a rum that pays homage to our Dutch, Trinidadian and Jamaican heritage, all of which have rich histories inspired by their Liberated Spirit.These are the people for whom we created Denizen, a stake in the ground for everyone who believes that their cocktail should have integrity. Character. Even, dare we say it, soul.Denizen. Free the flavor.Introducing Denizen, an award-winning line of blended Caribbean rums crafted for the new age of rum mixology. Our products include Denizen Aged White Rum and Denizen Merchant's Reserve. Denizen. Free the flavor.
Searched for: brand: denizen
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.