"One of Italy's most fashionable winemakers/proprietors, Giorgio Rivetti displays a masterful touch whether he is making Barbera, Moscato d'Asti, or his proprietary red wine Pin." – Robert Parker, Jr.
"Giorgio Rivetti, owner and winemaker of La Spinetta in Barbaresco, has become one of the leading forces in Piedmont. He's making exciting ripe, fruit-forward Nebbiolos that would give many highly rated New World wines a run for their money. Now he's making waves in Barolo....Rivetti is first and foremost a winemaker--one of the best and most innovative winemakers in Piedmont today. But he is also in tune with today's consumer, whom he believes shares his preference for wines that are more approachable on release." -- The Wine Spectator
Giorgio Rivetti's magic touch with Moscato, Barbera, Nebbiolo and, more recently, Sangiovese, Colorino, Vermentino and Sangiovese Rosé has taken the wine world by storm. He produces approachable yet age-worthy wines that command the attention of wine critics and consumers alike, year-in and year-out; their lushness, concentration, aromatics and length are unrivaled. Giorgio's speedy ascent from Moscato producer in the 1970's to venerated Barbaresco and Barolo vigneron today is studded with success.
The genius of La Spinetta encompasses a vast array of great wines, all boasting an inimitably approachable and voluptuous style. From Moscato to Nebbiolo to Sangiovese, whatever Giorgio touches turns to gold. His pioneering single-vineyard Barberas and Barbera/Nebbiolo blend "Pin" are considered to be the best of the Langhe. His Barbareschi and Baroli are at the very top of their category. In fact La Spinetta's wines are among Italy's most celebrated, as the winery has attained the coveted Tre Bicchieri award for more than 30 of their wines throughout their relatively short career. Let it never be said, however, that the greatness of La Spinetta is inaccessible to the average consumer; from the longtime favorite Barbera d'Asti "Ca' di Pian," featured in numerous magazines as a Best Value, to the Langhe Nebbiolo, a bottling of young vine fruit from the famed Starderi vineyard in Barbaresco, the winery offers incredible opportunities to experience the beauty of their best crus at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to the wines of La Spinetta, Giorgio Rivetti and his son Andrea have recently taken ownership of the beautiful and historic Contratto estate, where they produce both sparkling wines and a line of spirits. Giuseppe Contratto founded Contratto in 1867, and the estate remained in the family's hands for 126 years. In 1993, Carlo Bocchino purchased the property, and the historical cellars underwent substantial renovations. In 2011, Giorgio Rivetti and the La Spinetta took ownership of this understated jewel with the goal of reviving Contratto to its former glory. Today, a UNESCO World Heritage site, Contratto produces traditional method sparkling wine and selected spirits that we are proud to represent.
Searched for: brand: la spinetta
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.