Domaine de L'Arlot is one of the seminal properties in Nuits St. Georges. The domaine was co-owned by Jean-Pierre de Smet, who spent eight years alongside Jacques Seysses of Domaine Dujac before taking over L'Arlot in 1986. Today, 14 hectares are planted with Pinot Noir for the red wines, with about 5% devoted to Chardonnay and Pinot Gris for the whites. The oldest vines are about 70+ years old, with the average age close to fifty. Since 2000 the domaine has practiced 100% organic farming and as of 2003 everything has been biodynamically farmed. In the cellar, everything is done by gravity and vinification is partly done using whole clusters. The cap is punched by hand and the pumping over of the must is always kept to a minimum. The wines are aged in about one third new wood and are bottled after 16-18 months for the premier crus, 14-15 months for the village wines. The reds are bottled unfiltered.
The domaine has two premier cru Monopoles: Clos des Forêts Saint Georges and Clos de L'Arlot. The Clos de L'Arlot also produces the rare white Nuits St. Georges. Historically, these are the grandest crus of Nuits with an elegance and minerality that is unmatched in the village.
In 1991, the domaine added a parcel of Romanée Saint Vivant to its holdings, the vines of which sit just in front of Romanée Conti. In 1992, Arlot also purchased and produced a prime marcel of Vosne Romanée 1er Cru Les Suchots.
In 2015 the very talented Geraldine Godot took over the winemaking and is committed to maintaining the classic, elegant style of terroir driven wines that has come to define the wines of Domaine de L'Arlot.
Searched for: brand: domaine de l'arlot
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.