Lots of things have changed since Joe and Alice shared the first bottle of Heitz wine in 1961, but our core values --- quality, integrity and innovation --- have stood the test of time.
A glass of wine is our way of celebrating the best times in life. That means celebrating the big things, of course, but more often the small.
"In our family, most of life's memorable moments have involved sharing a bottle of fine wine with friends and family. Many of the personal and business relationships that we still treasure after three generations started around our dinner table.
When people choose Heitz Cellars, they envision a classic wine and pure elegance that they can count on year after year. That is the heart and soul of our heritage. Our practices and methods have evolved over the years, but the quality of our wines and the integrity of our approach to the business --- that is going to stay the same." - Kathleen Heitz Myers, President
The Heitz family's vision of winemaking spans three generations of dedication to excellence. We believe that true artistry sometimes requires restraint. We strive for the delicate balance between science and nature's bounty that allows our wines to express the genuine character of the varietal and to reflect their vineyard's unique geography within the Napa Valley.
"For people around the world who love to celebrate life with Heitz wines, we will continue to polish the legacy of Heitz Wine Cellars." The Heitz Family
Heitz Wine Cellars inhabits a pristine valley in the eastern hills of St. Helena known to the locals as Spring Valley. In 1964, Joe and Alice Heitz acquired this 160-acre ranch and winery to accommodate their burgeoning family business.
The gray stone cellar, constructed of hand-chiseled perlite in 1898, safeguards Heitz' collection of French oak barrels which are filled with aging wine. The rich patina of its weathered walls is in perfect harmony with the high-tech equipment dotting the landscape of the winery's grounds in the 21st century.
Second generation Kathleen Heitz Myers and David Heitz are now at the helm as president and winemaker. They have each been integral to the success of the family business since the 1970s, helping to build the worldwide reputation for Heitz Cellars -- a name that has become synonymous with luxury in the world of winemaking.
Heitz Wine Cellars has earned countless accolades for its dazzling wines every year since 1961. Their renowned vineyard-designated wines -- Martha's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon and Trailside Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon -- are the highlight of the winery's distinguished resumé.
Heitz' remarkable Martha's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon has been a collector's favorite for over 50 years. Wine Spectator underscored this wine's legendary status by selecting Martha's Vineyard Cabernet as one of the Top 12 wines of the 20th Century.
Heitz Wine Cellars' Chardonnay, Grignolino, Zinfandel and Port have also earned their share of ardent fans over the years. To many admirers, the Heitz label is the premiere symbol of fine wine and graceful hospitality.
"We handcraft our wines with the utmost respect for the incomparable vineyards of the Napa Valley. It's a real pleasure to share a bit of their magical bounty in every bottle of wine we make." - Kathleen Heitz Myers, President
Since the winery ranch also includes the Heitz' family home, we direct visitors to our original site on St. Helena Highway where we have welcomed wine lovers for over half a century.
At Heitz Wine Cellars, we practice sustainable and certified organic farming in our vineyards in order to preserve our rich agricultural heritage and contribute to a healthy future for everyone who calls the Napa Valley home.
"The decision to farm our ranches organically has proven to be a success for the health of the vineyards and allows for the true characters that each site possesses to come through in the complexities of the wines."
- Kathleen Heitz Myers, President
Our agricultural operation has gradually expanded to encompass 1,100 acres which are located in some of the Napa Valley's finest winemaking appellations.
Those prime parcels include the ranch that surrounds the winery property and sweeps the eastern hills of St. Helena, our acreage on Zinfandel Lane and the rich farmland of the Trailside Vineyard in Rutherford. Our majestic Valley Oak Ranch is contiguous to the steep slopes of our Ink Grade Vineyard, and our Linda Falls Vineyard is a tiny jewel on Howell Mountain.
Then there is our original site about a mile south of downtown St. Helena which we all especially treasure -- the much-loved vineyard that frames Heitz Cellars' Sales & Tasting Room today.
We have planted grapes on 425 of these acres, carefully selecting areas that convey the incomparable breadth of geography and climate that makes the Napa Valley the ideal place on earth for winegrowing.
Searched for: brand: heitz cellar
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.