Since its creation over 40 years ago, the Michel Briday estate has become a gold standard bearer for its village, Rully, and for its wine-growing region: the Côte Chalonnaise. At each vintage, Stéphane Briday and his wife Sandrine put their winemaking know-how, well-grounded common sense and intimate knowledge of their terroirs to good use. These are the keys to ensure unique Burgundy wines. The world heritage "Climats" of BurgundyThe "Climats" of Burgundy were inscribed on the UNESCO world heritage list in 2015. The origin of the term "climat", a little mysteriously used by Burgundy natives as a synonym for "terroir", is clarified by etymology. According to the Historical Dictionary of the French Language (Alain Rey, Editions Le Robert), it's of Greek origin: "Klima" which means "inclination". It was then translated into Latin as "clima": inclination of the celestial vault.For a long time its use in French followed a nuance close to this root. "Climat" means a terrestrial area determined by geographical factors such as its location in relation to celestial bodies and considered from the angle of atmospheric conditions. More generally, it has the sense of "region" (end 14th century) or even by extension "country" (...)" writes Alain Rey. The article also states that up until the 17th century the term meant an agrarian measure."Climat", used in the Burgundian sense is thus not the survival of a patois word but rather the use of a term with a Greek-Latin root closer to one of its historical meanings.
Searched for: brand: domaine michel briday
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.