Gilbert Gruet must have sounded a little crazy when he decided to put down roots in New Mexico with the goal of making excellent méthode champenoise sparkling wines like those he crafted in Champagne. Now, 30 years since the Gruet family first planted an experimental vineyard near the town of Truth or Consequences, Gruet has become a classic that places well above its peers both in terms of quality and value for sparkling wines.
Gilbert Gruet started making Champagne in 1952 in his hometown of Bethon, France. It was during a family trip to the southwestern United States that the Gruet family met a group of European winemakers who had successfully planted vineyards in New Mexico. The following year, Gilbert's children, Laurent and Nathalie, moved to New Mexico to start a new journey for this Champagne family. 1987 was the first vintage, and after aging the wines en tirage for the required two years, Gruet put New Mexico on the wine map with its first release in 1989.
The Gruet vineyards reach 4300 feet in elevation, making them some of the highest in the United States. While daytime temperatures are quite warm, night can bring drops of up to 30 degrees, cooling down the grapes and slowing maturation. Gruet grows in sand and loam soils in an area that lacks humidity. This decreases disease pressure, allowing grapes to be grown without the use of pesticides.
Farming Practice:Practicing Organic
Searched for: brand: domaine saint vincent
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.