Chiara Boschis has some six hectares of vines under cultivation in the commune of Barolo, known for producing open, rich wines with great structure. She graduated with degree in economics but gained experience while working with her brothers at the historical Borgogno estate. As the first female winemaker in the Langhe, she is necessarily of unquestionable confidence, determination, patience and charm. She took over the reins at E. Pira e Figli in 1990 with a clear idea of what she wanted to accomplish: to marry the extraordinary power of Barolo with approachability, enticing elegance, and lush, intense aromas. She achieves this goal through strict vineyard management, careful selection, and impeccable vinification techniques: shortened maceration, malolactic fermentation, and aging in barriques. Within the short time she has run the estate, she has quickly proved herself worthy of her peers, regularly garnering points well over 90 points from major international publications for all of her wines. Total annual production is a miniscule 2,000 cases. This is truly a rare gem of an estate.
Vineyard Management: Chiara Boschis was the first estate in Cannubi to convert to organic farming, but she didn't stop there! Chiara has worked tirelessly over the last few years to convince 21 of 26 growers in the district to become organic. Today, over 85% of Cannubi is farmed organically.
Searched for: brand: e. pira & figli estate
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.