"Grassi is a small, estate Cabernet Sauvignon producer from Atlas Peak in Napa Valley. Mark Grassi is originally a builder by trade, and he is responsible for the construction of many of the wineries in the valley, including Ovid. He bought this plot of land in 1989 and, in 2002, with the help of Harlan vineyard manager Mary Maher and Peter Franus of Franus Wines, Mark and Jami Grassi planted their first Cabernet Sauvignon vines. The property sits on a bench above the valley floor at the bottom of Soda Canyon Road in the Atlas Peak Appellation. The vineyard site was once an ancient riverbed, and is slightly sloping, running from east to west. In 2001, Mary and Mark discovered a mixture of soil and cobbles which range in size from thumb- to cantaloupe-sized. These cobbles keep the soil from being too fertile and additionally provide excellent drainage. Peter Franus made the first several vintages of Grassi from 2005 to 2008. As of 2009, Robbie Meyer of L'Angevin and Peirson Meyer took over the winemaking responsibilities. It is our long relationship with Robbie that happily brought Grassi into the Polaner fold, and today we are very excited to represent the wines!
We think Mark Grassi says it best:
"There is a saying here in Napa that it takes a lot of beer to make great wine. We can attest to the truth of this saying. More beer than we would like to admit helped get us through all the planning, coordinating, consulting, troubleshooting, worrying, waiting and wondering. Ultimately, we have created an exquisite Cabernet Sauvignon, in which 100% of the fruit comes from the vineyard on our Soda Canyon property. I must confess that there has been a lot of physical and emotional labor involved in making Grassi Cabernet Sauvignon, but it has been a labor of love."
Searched for: brand: grassi
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.