The Wathen-Medley family has been distilling premium bourbon for 8 generations, beginning more than 100 years before prohibition. When the 21st amendment was ratified in the winter of 1933, Thomas Aquinas Medley began distilling and releasing unaged spirits to get started, much like the whiskey producers of today. Thomas Aquinas Medley first produced bourbon and sold it as a 30 day old spirit. This was a far cry from his aged bourbons of pre-prohibition, but people were ecstatic! Next came a 60 day bourbon. And so it went until sufficient reserves had been built and a sufficiently aged bourbon could be offered.
After Thomas Medley's death in 1940, the next generation of Wathen-Medleys boys stepped up to bat. They realized that within their warehouse where their whiskey matured, were "sweet spots" that created a superb bourbon to the rest. While much of their whiskey was sold in bulk to larger whiskey houses, R. Wathen-Medley "cherry picked" these single barrels of superior quality and branded them under the family name, Wathen's "Single Barrel" Straight Kentucky Bourbon. Fast forward 70 years...
Today the company is run by the 7th and 8th generation Wathen-Medley boys, Sam and his Father Charles. A low rye mash bill is used to create these high quality Kentucky Straight Bourbons. The father and son team produce Wathen's "Single Barrel" Straight Kentucky Bourbon and the recently released "Old Medley." "Old Medley" 12 yr bourbon is a richer, sweeter style of bourbon with a lower ABV to allow the spirit and age of the whiskey to really shine. The name andthe recipe have risen from the ashes of American history and put back in bottle nearly a century later. The recipe remains unaltered although the Old Medley of today has had the opportunity to mature to its full potential.
Searched for: brand: wathen's
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.