"This little-known Chianti producer makes wines that are lip-smackingly good, refreshing and absolutely true to Sangiovese aromas and flavors. It is not by accident that some of the most respected names in Chianti, such as Ama's Marco Pallanti, will whisper that this estate is one of the very best at making authentic Chianti." – International Wine Cellar
"Le Cinciole is one of my favorite Chianti Classico estates, and its wines epitomize fragrant, elegant high-altitude Sangiovese...for finesse, focus, and personality these wines are hard to beat in their zone." –Wine Advocate
In 1991, Milan residents Luca and Valeria Orsini took a radical leap; tired of the fast-paced city life, they seized the opportunity to buy the Le Cinciole estate in the storied Chianti village of Panzano. They relocated to Tuscany and left their former careers as math professor and architect to become grape growers and winemakers. Their first vintage was not the most encouraging: 1992 was a horrendous vintage in Tuscany! Nevertheless, the Orsinis kept on in their pursuit of great Chianti Classico and now, almost twenty years later, they have succeeded masterfully!
Named after the property's historical place name, which was a twist on the ancient Etruscan-Roman name designating the immediate area as "the lands of Quintius," the estate, now recognized throughout Italy for its quality, extends across northern Chianti Classico district Greve's famed "Conca d'Oro", or "golden vale". Though most vineyards in Greve are at approximately 200-350 meters, Le Cinciole's Panzano slopes rise to a cool 400-450 meters and host Chianti's famous galestro soil mixed with sand and chalk. With a total of 13 hectares planted to vines, 11 are currently in production, whereas 5 additional hectares are planted to olive groves. The Petresco vineyard, which is the source for the grapes for the Riserva, is limestone-based. Only a few wines are produced at Le Cinciole in order to focus on quality.
Vineyard Practices: This winery is certified Organic by ICEA, The Italian Institute for Ethical and Environmental Certification.
Farming Practice:Certified Organic
Searched for: brand: le cinciole
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.