Victor J. "Trader Vic" Bergeron packed more excitement, enjoyment, and exotica into his life than any other man.
He grew up loving the food business--his father, Victor Sr., was a waiter at San Francisco's Fairmont Hotel and also owned a grocery store in Oakland. Vic would help out in the store, and when a childhood accident cost him a leg, his penchant for telling colorful stories was born.
In 1932, armed with a potbelly stove and $700, he opened a cozy pub across the street from the store and called it Hinky Dink's. His pungent vocabulary and ribald air made him a popular host, as did his tropical cocktails and his delicious interpretation of Polynesian food.
In 1936, when writer Herb Caen wrote that the best restaurant in San Francisco was in Oakland, Vic had become "The Trader," and Hinky Dink's had become "Trader Vic's."
Part of its success, Vic said at the time, was the theme. It was the complete escape. "You'd think of beaches and moonlight and pretty girls."
One of Trader Vic's brightest legacies is his invention of the Mai Tai, the bracingly refreshing cocktail he created at the restaurant in 1944, and introduced to the Hawaiian Islands in the 1950s.
Searched for: brand: trader vics
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.