Since it's inception in 1834 José Maria da Fonseca has been one of Portugal's premier wine producers.
It is with great pleasure that the winery presents Twin Vines, a premier Vinho Verde bursting with expressive fruit flavors and vibrant acidity.
Vinho Verde comes from the northwest region of Portugal. This fertile region benefits from a warm growing season and cool westerly winds.
The Twin Vines name originated with the birth of Antonio Maria Soares Franco's twin daughters, Francisca and Matilde born in May 2007. With this new, 8th generation to carry on the winemaking tradition, Twin Vines will continue to celebrate life for many generations to come!
The name Vinho Verde, or "green wine," refers to the youthful style of this refreshing white wine, not the color!
Coincidentally, this "green wine" hails from the Minho region, among the greenest and most lush landscapes in all of Portugal.
Among the most popular white grapes for Vinho Verde are Alvarinho, Trajadura, Loureiro and Pederña, which are indigenous to Portugal. Look tough to pronounce? Give them a try!
Alvarinho – al-vah-ree-nyoh
Trajadura – trah-zjah-du-rah
Loureiro – Loh-ray-roo
Pedernã – peh-dehr-nyah
Searched for: brand: jm fonseca
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.