In 1581, at the summit of a hill, south-west of Montalcino, the Villa of Argiano was built among vineyards and olive groves. Over the centuries, this estate has been owned by important families such as the Buonsignori, Albizzeschi, Tolomei, Montanini, Sozzini, Colombini, Ugurgieri, and Pecci families. In 1992, the Countess Noemi Marone Cinzano acquired the estate and sought to improve the propriety's winemaking under the oenological guidance of the famous winemaker Giacomo Tachis. This project strove to achieve the highest standards of quality and resulted in Tachis' creation of the exceptional Solengo, a Bordeaux blend that exudes its privileged Montalcino terroir. Today, Adriano Bambagioni, Argiano's supervising cellar master for over 20 years, and enologist Alberto Antonini guarantee the quality and reputation of the Argiano estate. In 2013, the estate was purchased by Andre Esteves, who has left the winemaking team intact and redoubled efforts on continue the long-standing tradition of Argiano.
The estate expands over 250 acres with 125 acres under vine. The vineyards enjoy year-round southern exposure and eocenic soil formed by marl limestone and clay in some areas. The constant breeze from Maremma to the west provides the ventilation in the vineyards needed to prevent disease during the growing season. At over 1,000 feet above sea level, the vineyards experience regular night cooling which assists in the steady ripening of the grapes.
Argiano explores the full potential of this distinct terroir, producing both classic interpretations such as Rosso di Montalcino and Brunello di Montalcino, as well as, modern expressions utilizing international varietals that have found a home in Montalcino.
Searched for: brand: argiano
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.