Located close to Seneca Falls and easily accessible from the New York State Thru-Way, Knapp Winery has been a popular winery from its inception in 1984. In the year 2000, the winery was sold to current owners Gene Pierce and Scott Welliver. They recognized a gem when they saw it. The Knapp's had planted some of the first vinifera grapes along the shores of Cayuga Lake. Knapp was the first winery in the Finger Lakes Appellation to plant and vinify the grape variety Cabernet Franc. Recognizing the importance of wine with food, Knapp opened the Vineyard Restaurant in 1992, becoming the first winery restaurant on Cayuga Lake. The winery also had all of the production equipment and resources to continue to produce the premium wine it was known for, including an alembic pot for crafting cordials and aperitifs.
As one of the owners of Glenora Wine Cellars (the first winery on Seneca Lake) and one of the pioneers of the Finger Lakes grape growing region, Gene Pierce oversees the Knapp estate which encompasses sixty-five acres of land of which forty acres are currently cultivated for growing estate Riesling, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Lemberger, Sangiovese, Merlot, Baco Noir, Cayuga, Catawba, Seyval, Vignoles and DeChaunac. His involvement in all aspects of the farm and production facilities is legendary for his hard work and passion for producing quality wine and making his customers and employees happy. If you visit Knapp, don't be surprised to see him in the vineyards harvesting grapes during harvest, directing traffic during large events or keeping a watchful eye on ensuring a good experience for all visitors in the Finger Lakes. Forty years of experience have made owner Gene Pierce a leader in the wine community. His volunteer efforts in many organizations in Finger Lakes wine country have made him a go-to leader in the industry.
Searched for: brand: knapp winery
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.