Xavier Besson holds 7 hectares of vines in the appellation of Givry, having inherited the estate in 1989 from his parents. Most of the vines are in the immediate area around the domaine (or chateau, really) with 'Les Grands Prétans' vineyard basically their backyard. The domaine is still quite small at 7 hectares and all the work is done by hand always with an aim for low yields and big, ripe fruit. The vineyards are grown in clay soil, with a deep bedrock of limestone from vines that are 30 years old (average). The fermentation is all done with indigenous yeasts after a brief 3-5 day cold maceration. Aging takes place for 12 months in a combination of large 500L and traditional 228L barriques – 50% new. The combination of old vines, conscientious vineyard work, and reasonable yields, all contribute to the crowd pleasing, balanced wines that Besson produces. Farming from superb vineyards like 'Les Grands Prétans,' Besson always provides superb Burgundy VALUE: concentrated and densely expressive with brilliant perfume, heady fruit, and a velvety mouthfeel.
Searched for: brand: domaine xavier besson
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.