Five generations of Fenocchios have been producing wine from their holdings in the heart of the Bussia in Monforte d'Alba since 1894. Most of the production was sold locally up until 1964, when the ambitious and energetic Giacomo Fenocchio took over for the estate. His goal was to make the finest wines in all of Barolo, so he purchased prime parcels in some of the best crus in the Langhe – including Villero in Castiglione Falletto and Cannubi.
Today, Giacomo's son Claudio has taken over winemaking duties for the estate, continuing his father's tradition of making pristine wines from the greatest vineyards in Barolo. Use whichever word you want, minimalist, traditionalist, non-interventionist, – all that matter is that Claudio's wines exhibit a level of terroir clarity that is only found in the top echelon of producers. If you're looking for the next star winemaker in Italy, look no further. Just recently, The New York Times rated Fenocchio number 2 in a tasting of Barolos – coming behind only Elio Altare and ahead of Elio Grasso, Massolino, and Vietti. Claudio manages some 7 hecatres of vineyards in Barolo, Castiglione Falletto and of course, the Bussia of Monforte. Total average annual production is about 3,000 cases.
With prices that frankly do not come close to approximating the astronomical quality of the wines, it's painfully obvious that Fenocchio should be on the radar of Barolo lovers everywhere.
Searched for: brand: giacomo fenocchio
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.