The Story Begins
With A Family's Dream & Ambitions
The Lucas Vineyards story begins in 1974 when Ruth Lucas and her family moved from the Long Island to a 68 acre farm in Interlaken, New York. Rooted in the family was a common dream of creating a successful family business through grape growing in the Finger Lakes region which was just starting to thrive.
The First Harvest
The young family all chipped in and tended to the farm; pounding posts, tilling soil, trimming vines, and finally harvesting their first crop of grapes in 1978. When a feeling of loss set in after selling their carefully tended grapes to a winery that combined theirs with tons of others, the Lucas family made a brave decision to start making their own wine under the Lucas Family Vineyards label.
The first 1980 vintage, consisting of less than 500 cases of Cayuga White and Estate Red, took home gold and silver medals, and the Lucas family knew they made the right choice. The founders of the winery were Bill, a tug boat captain from the New York harbor; Ruthie, the oldest daughter with a creative and adventurous spirit; Billy, the hard working and able bodied son; Stephanie, the youngest daughter with natural hospitality and customer service skills and Ruth, the matriarch and pioneer of the first winery on Cayuga Lake.
Searched for: brand: lucas vineyards
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.