"The thousand-year-old "abbey of good culture" has belonged to the Giuntini family, now Stucchi Prinetti, since 1846. Its name literally signifies the abbey's role in Western European cultural history as a place of worship and spiritual refuge as well as a center of learning and agricultural laboratory. BADIA A COLTIBUONO Tuscany After WWII Piero Stucchi Prinetti transformed Coltibuono into a modern estate, selling instead of cellaring its best Chiantis and creating international branding for the Coltibuono name, as well as promoting Tuscan extra virgin olive oil. A devotion to Badia and a respect for itsLatium history guides the current, seventh generation family members. Their challenge is to maintain the integrity of Sangiovese and Chianti Classi- co's unique terroir through organic farming practices, clonal diversity, restrained use of new oak and excluding nonindigenous grapes. Coltibuono's estate includes a B&B and apartments for farm holidays, a restaurant, a culinary school and is open for visits and tastings. Vineyards and Vinification: The estate is situated on the Chianti region's highest hills. Total acreage is 2,282: 180 vineyards and 44 olive groves. After ten centuries of uninterrupted agricultural tradition, all Coltibuono's estate grapes are now organically grown, and vinified using natural yeast. The first leading wine-producing firm in Chianti to wholly return to environmental sustainability, Coltibuono is also dedicated to the preservation and vinification of Sangiovese, producing three different Chianti Classico wines and one IGT wine exclusively from Sangiovese. Their new, architecturally arresting and technologically innovative winery has minimal environmental impact and uses gravity flow, manual grape sorting, gentle conveyance of de-stemmed fruit to the fermentation tanks, smaller size vats for separate vinifications, a piston cap punch-down system, native yeasts and mostly maturation in casks over small barrels. The estate also produces a line of "Coltibuono" wines, made from grapes selected from small growers in Tuscany."More info and FAQ below
Searched for: brand: badia a coltibuono
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.