"The Correggia winery continues to set the pace for other wineries in the area, providing topics for discussion and food for thought. This is the way of things ever since the much-mourned Matteo showed just how much potential there was in an apparently marginal area. Today, Ornella and her exceptional staff is a champion of sustainable viticulture. Correggia's natural approach means working the land in the full awareness of the surrounding environment. It's another field in which Correggia is leading the way, sensibly and without ostentation." – Gambero Rosso
"The late Matteo Correggia was and remains the spiritual leader of the region." – Antonio Galloni
The Roero district is located in the lower-altitude, rounded, sandy hills north of the Tanaro River and northwest of the Langhe. Young Nebbiolo and Barbera from this region have a particularly fresh and lively character. In 2001, Matteo Correggia tragically passed away just as he entered Piedmont's winemaking elite. With the help of Giorgio Rivetti (of the famous La Spinetta estate), Matteo's wife Ornella took over the estate, carrying on her husband's passionate desire to expand the reputation of the Roero. The elegantly powerful cult wine Roero "Rocche d'Ampsej" comes from a tiny plot of 50 to 60-yr-old Nebbiolo vines, and is the culmination of Matteo's life's work. Barbera "Bricco Marun" is varietally pure, vibrant, and concentrated, with intense personality. Nebbiolo "Val dei Preti" is also classic Roero: from 30 year old nebbiolo vines planted in three hectares of sandy-limestone soil, the wine ages 12 months in new French oak. "Anthos" is the estate's dry, still Brachetto, a great value with a nose of rose petals and licorice, while the Arneis, an incredible summertime thirst-quencher, has an ever-growing following. Correggia's Nebbiolo "Roero," aged for 12 months in used barriques, and an additional 8 months in stainless steel, provides access to their stunning line-up at an incredible value!
Vineyard Management: The estate defines the agricultural management as "natural and sustainable whenever possible". The latest edition "Vini d'Italia" (Gambero Rosso Editore), sets the estate within the "natural agronomy" category. Sulphur- and copper-based products are utilized predominantly. Only manure is used as fertilizer. Spontaneous cover crops (grass cover) are left between the rows of vines, the grass is mowed and the soil is tilled so to work the plant substance (green manure) into the ground. No chemical weed-control products are used. There is a very limited use of SO2 in the wine.
Farming Practice:Practicing Organic
Searched for: brand: correggia
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.