"Limerick Lane is a 30 acre property located just south of Healdsburg in the northeast corner of Russian River Valley AVA. Like many historic vineyards in the Russian River, Limerick Lane was originally planted in 1910 by Italian immigrants, the Del Fava family, and today is considered one of the top sites for Zinfandel in all of Sonoma County. The winery is now owned and run by 2nd generation winemakers, Jake and Scot Bilbro, sons of Chris Bilbro of Marietta Cellars fame. The vineyard was originally purchased from the Del Favas in the late 70's by the Collins family who began to refurbish the property and replant some of the sections that had fallen into disrepair. The Collins' did not make wine at first but sold their grapes to top Zin producers such as Ravenswood, DeLoach, and Gary Farrell. They began making their own wines in 1986, but continued to sell some grapes, a tradition that the Bilbros continue to this day.
Russian River Zinfandel is unique in that it combines powerful fruit and spice with a solid core of acidity due to the warm days and cool nights of the area. The Limerick Lane site is particularly well-drained and rocky, making it perfect for growing not only Zinfandel, but also Syrah and Grenache which are also planted on the property. Today, the core wines at the winery are the Estate Zinfandel and a Syrah/Grenache blended red. In addition to these wines there are limited production old-vine and single parcel Zinfandels as well as a few vineyard-designated Syrahs.
Limerick Lane is yet another crown jewel of the Bilbro family who are quietly becoming a force in the California wine scene. Besides Limerick Lane, the Bilbro brothers also now own the historic McDowell Vineyard in Mendocino County (now called the Gibson Ranch, after its original owners). Their brother, Sam Bilbro, also has a cutting edge winery in the Healdsburg area focusing on both Italian varietals and other old-vine heritage California plantings. This is an exciting property (and family!) to watch in the years to come...!"
Searched for: brand: limerick lane
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.