Few estates in Montalcino can count an in-house enologist as an owner, but Giuseppe Gorelli of Le Potazzine is just that. Before founding his own estate, he worked as an enologist at the Consorzio del Brunello for 15 years with the great Giulio Gambelli, the man behind Pergole Torte and the 100% Sangiovese movement in Tuscany. In the late 1980s, Giuseppe came home to roost at his father's tiny estate near Castiglione del Bosco, known as Due Portine, and started making traditionally-crafted, artisan Brunello, which he produced from vintages 1987 to 1998. In 1993, while running Due Portine, Giuseppe and his wife Gigliola purchased a 3.5 hectare farm at 500 meters above sea level right next door. They named it 'Le Potazzine,' which in the dialect of Montalcino it describes a highly-colored bird noted for its loveliness and happiness, after the nickname Gigliola's mother had given her two young daughters. In 1998, Giuseppe's father sold Due Portine, and the couple concentrated their efforts at Le Potazzine. The results thrilled clients and critics alike, and though it was the "moment of the barrique," Giuseppe and Gigliola never felt the need to experiment or change. The wines were always laser pure expressions of Montalcino terroir with an appealing elegance, and they remain so today. Fermentations at the cantina are traditional: done at ambient temperature and long – up to 30 days for both Brunello and Rosso. Both wines age in Slavonian oak casks of 30-50 hectoliters; Brunello for 42 months, and Rosso up to 12 months. All of Le Potazzine's vineyards (now measuring 5ha with an extra 1.5 ha purchased in Sant'Angelo in Colle) are classified for the production of Brunello, so the Rosso is of course declassified Brunello. Giuseppe has always worked organically, but from 2019 all wines will be certified organic (even if not stated on the label).
Searched for: brand: le potazzine
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.