Located between Brazil and Argentina, Uruguay stands as one of the most important countries of the Latin American wine world. Vine growing all over the land benefits from the country's location -- at the same latitude as the wine growing regions of Argentina, Chile, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand -- and mild weather. Most Uruguayan wineries are situated inland or on the coast, and their production grows every year.
Today the wine industry is present in 15 out of the 19 departments of the country. More than 90 million litres are produced from 9,000 hectares of vineyards where family work prevails and focuses on red grapes such as Tannat, Merlot, Cabernet and Malbec, and white grapes such as Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Semillon or Riesling, among others. These varietals are cultivated on vast clay soils and stony ground surrounded by exotic and astonishing landscapes characterized by the influence of Atlantic breezes.
A unique terroir. An environment beyond comparison.
Great wines are born in great terroirs, and Garzón vineyards prove it: they are located in a privileged Uruguayan land, near Punta del Este, La Barra and José Ignacio, Uruguay's holiday paradise. Its varied landscapes, its natural setting and the perfect combination of history and future, have motivated the creation of exclusive restaurants and hotel resorts in the surrounding areas that confers the environments with an aura of sophistication. This particular location offers an outstanding environment for our plantations. The terroir makes the difference.
Garzón's soil belongs geologically to what is known as Crystalline Basement, which originated 2.5 billion years ago. As it altered and eroded through millions of years of geological processes, ballast, like the previous rock formations, gave shape to this fantastic thin and rocky soil, with excellent drainage and very rich in minerals which the vine roots absorb. This endows the wine with mineral wealth, excellence, complexity and gracefulness. Garzón's soil is a rather charming concept related to the terroir and very easy to explain: a clear, strong message for all premium wine lovers.
The sea breeze in our wines
Another fundamental feature of our terroir is the crucial influence exerted by the Atlantic Ocean, which is only 18 kilometres (11 miles) away. This provides a constant and very pleasant fresh breeze that blows through our grapes, something recognizable in our wines too. Hence the vibrant notes of our fresh, mineral white wines, as well as their significant varietal character. In turn, our red wines are fresh and juicy, showing gentle tannins and a delicate mineral touch.
Searched for: brand: bodega garzon
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.