Evodia is an exciting project in the Denominacion de Origen Calatayud, hailed as one of Spain's most progressive and promising wine growing regions. Calatayud is distinguished by its prevalence of high elevation vineyards planted to the Garnacha variety. In fact, it boasts the highest in the entire country. The vineyards surrounding the small town of Atea reach upwards of 3000 feet, which is the highest within the DO. It is here, in the vineyards of Atea, that Altovinum sources their Garnacha grapes for Evodia. In addition to the high elevation's remarkable climate, the property is comprised of pure schiste soils, known as pisara in the local area. Aficionados familiar with the wines of the Priorat and the Roussillon are well acquainted to this soil type and its extraordinary influence on the wines.
These vineyards were ferreted out by the amazingly talented Altovinum team: Yolanda Diaz, Jean Marc Lafage and Eric Solomon. Yolanda Diaz, a native of Calatayud, has an intimate knowledge of the DO and its terroir, so her relationships in the region are an invaluable asset to the project. The winemaking is placed in the capable hands of dynamic enologist, Jean Marc Lafage, who leading wine critic Robert Parker referred to as "irrepressible." Jean Marc consults on projects worldwide and owns one of the Roussillon's visionary wineries, Domaine Lafage. And finally, Eric Solomon, who through his import company, European Cellars, represents the finest Grenache producers in the world.
Searched for: brand: evodia
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.