"In 1981 the owners of Felsina purchased the historic estate of Castello di Farnetella. Located about 30 minutes southeast of Castelnuovo Berardenga, this property should be considered a monopole cru among the otherwise uninspired appellation of Chianti Colli Senesi. The property and village of Farnetella encompasses a large hill, the top of which is near 560 meters in elevation. It has a mix of soils on it including sand, clay and limestone. While Farnetella is well-suited to Sangiovese, which makes up a majority of its plantings, there are also plots of Merlot, Syrah, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon.
The vineyards at Farnetella are all hand harvested and are farmed with the same attention and precision as those at Felsina. Organic, sustainable agriculture is practiced and they have incorporated some of the principals of biodynamics as well. Also, as at Felsina, the entire production is made from estate fruit.
The wines at Farnetella range from the soft and approachable Chianti Colli Senesi to the more structured Poggio Granoni. The Chianti Colli Senesi has more flesh and is perhaps, more approachable than the Felsina Chianti Classico, but it is by no means less complex. It offers tremendous quality at its price point."
Searched for: brand: farnetella
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.