The Kruger-Rumpf winery was founded in 1790 and nearly 200 years later Stefan Rumpf took over the estate in 1984. Stefan Rumpf began producing his own, estate wines rather than selling the juice off in bulk, as had been customary. Now, son Georg has joined Stefan, after graduating from Geisenheim's esteemed winemaking school.Münster lies in a narrow valley between the Nahe and the Rheinhessen where the Nahe river meets the Rhein. Two Grosses Gewächs sites are the jewels of the estate: the slate vineyard Münsterer Pittersberg and the Münsterer Dautenpflänzer, a tiny parcel within Kapellenberg containing quartzite and loess-clay soils. The 2 hectare Dautenpflänzer is rarely affected by frost and the top layer of soil is rather nutrient rich, both factors important in cultivating young vines. Other important vineyard sites include the Münsterer Rheinberg, made mostly of quartzite with sandy loam, and Binger Scharlachberg, composed of porphyr and red sandstone soils – a site that actually lies across the mighty Nahe in Rheinhessen. Vineyards are farmed sustainably at Kruger-Rumpf, and care is taken during the hand harvesting to ensure that only optimally ripe grapes are picked, as Georg does not favor any botrytis. Stefan believes "You can't improve wine in the cellar, only make it worse." A short fermentation is preferred, as the Rumpfs believe a long fermentation will remove fruit and freshness of character in the wines. Fermentations occur spontaneously with natural yeast for the fruity wines, and though ambient yeast strains inhabitat the 10+ year old stuck used for the Grosses Gewächs, sometimes a neutral strain of cultured yeast is required to complete its fermentation. Often the wines stay on their gross lees well into spring. The wines produced show the best of his renowned vineyard sites, with haunting brilliance, concentration and extract. Vineyard area: 22 hectaresAnnual production: 13,750 casesVineyard holdings:Münster – Dautenpflänzer (slate, sandy loam)Kapellenberg (quartzite, loam)Pittersberg (slate)Rheinberg (quartzite, sandy loam, slate)Bingen – Scharlachberg (Rotliegend, porphyry)
Searched for: brand: kruger rumpf winery
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.