"Located southwest of Bordeaux in the commune of Haux, Château Lamothe has crafted estate-bottled wine since the 16th century. For four generations succession was passed down on the mother's side and since 1956 the estate has been run by the Néel-Chombart family. Over the past 60 years the family has amassed prime vineyard land which now spans 80 hectares of clay and limestone slopes on the Right Bank. Additionally, they restored the distinctive façade of the historic chateau (now pictured on all Lamothe labels) and renovated the 17th century limestone quarries into underground cellars ideal for ageing.
Vigneron Damien Chombart believes that sustainable farming is not only stewardship of the land, but also as a way to enhance the life of farmers, communities and society. It is a holistic challenge the connects economic success in agriculture with environmental and social responsibilities for all involved. To that end, the Néel-Chombart family works to achieve optimal soil health and also encourages biodiversity in the vineyards by implementing a variety of supporting measures to protect flora, birds, beetles and earthworms. The presence of "Bee Hotels" on the property provides a safe haven for wild bees and other pollinators to nest and seek protection from bad weather. In conjunction with these efforts, the family has adopted a biological treatment system for wastewater management.
A large portion of Lamothe plantings contributes to the Bordeaux Blanc, which has garnered a following around the world. It is comprised of 40% Sauvignon Blanc, 40% Semillon and 20% Muscadelle, a uniquely high percentage that accounts for the intensely aromatic profile of this stellar value. In addition to both reds, which are a traditional blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc, the family crafts a vibrant and succulent dessert wine from the appellation of Cadillac at their neighboring estate, Château Manos. We are thrilled to include both Château Lamothe and Château Manos as part of our portfolio of lauded Bordeaux growers."
Searched for: brand: chateau lamothe
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.