Collosorbo's 35 hectares of south-facing vineyards lie directly across the road from Ciacci Piccolomini, between Sant'Angelo in Colle and Castelnuovo dell'Abate. The estate, which totals 180 hectares of mainly woodlands, olive groves, wheatfields, and pasture, is bordered to the south by the Orcia river, and to the east by Monte Amiata. The family acquired their holdings over many years until 1995 when the estate was split among different parts of the family and Collosorbo (originally part of the Tenuta di Sesta estate) was born!
Collosorbo's estate vineyards combine three of the region's soil types: red clay, gray 'galestro', and sandy limestone – a very rare occurrence in Montalcino. Vineyard practices at the estate are meticulous, with the object of attaining the healthiest and most mature grapes possible, so that a minimalist approach can be employed in the cellar. Grapes are harvested by hand into small crates, and are then lightly crushed and fermented with indigenous yeasts in stainless steel. All of Collosorbo's wines are matured in neutral oak foudres, allowing a slow maturation in the family's cool cellar, built by hand beneath the walls of the estate's ancient castle.
At the helm of the estate is a power trio of three passionate and knowledgeable women: owner, Giovanna Ciacci and her daughters: winemaker-oenologist, Laura Sutera Sardo, and agronomist and marketing manager, Lucia Sutera Sardo.
Searched for: brand: collosorbo
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.