A life-long family passion, the Luisa estate began more than 80 years ago when Francesco Luisa, left a widower at only 37 years old and with six children to raise, had the foresight and the grit to purchase12 acres of land. Here starts the saga of the Luisas of Corona carried on by his son Delciso. Delciso's son, Eddi, began working at the estate when he was only 13 years old and continues to be a presence there today with the help of his children, Michele and Davide. Together, these two generations continue to seek innovation while respecting and emphasizing the character of the terroir, itself. Unlike many of its much smaller neighbors, the Luisa estate consists of 210 acres of vineyards in the Corona area of the Isonzo DOC. This largely gravel plateau was created by the erosion of melting Alpine glaciers. The soil is characteristically rich in minerals, especially aluminium and iron, giving the wines of the area a unique flavor that stays faithful to its terroir of origin. This unique area is bordered by the Adriatic Sea to the south and the Carnic Alps to the north, which allows the vineyards to benefit from the confluence of winds: the Bora, a cold, stinging easterly wind and the Scirocco, a warmer and more humid wind, coming from the sea. The Bora, in particular, favors a slow, but constant maturation, producing grapes that are more concentrated and better balanced, with richer flavors and aromas. Luisa celebrates the distinct personality of this microclimate by concentrating on single varietal wines that showcase all the potential of each varietal without the distraction of blending or oak aging.
Searched for: brand: tenuta luisa
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.