IN BROOKLYN, BEFORE IT WAS CALLED BROOKLYN, PEOPLE DRANK CIDER THERE. IT WASN'T LIKE WINE, IT WASN'T LIKE SCOTCH, IT WAS MORE LIKE WATER. IT WAS A THIRST QUENCHER FOR THE WORKER AS WELL AS WHAT THE FOUNDING FATHERS DRANK WITH BREAKFAST.
We're from Brooklyn too, by way of Korea and Europe, but we discovered hard cider in the Basque Country in northern Spain. Every spring the cider there flows like water from casks the size of tanker trucks. It's not just cider, it's the most delicious cider there is. And it's not just about the cider. It's a party, a celebration of the harvest, and a time for friends to reconnect.
'Wait a minute', we thought, 'We're from the Big Apple, why don't we have a cider party?' So, we quit our jobs and went apple picking, literally. There were snowy days, angry farmers, and a lot of strange looks from our friends and family. Just about everyone we knew told us we were crazy. Maybe we are, but once you taste our ciders, you'll see it was worth it. Making cider is not a path to riches but it is a path to enjoying life.
All our ciders are born out of traditions from Spain, France, and America. They are made as naturally as possible from apples hand picked in upstate New York. Our apples are simply crushed and their juice left to ferment the same way the traditionalists do it in Europe and the way it used to be done in Brooklyn before the Temperance Movement ended the party.
Like fine wines our ciders are expressions of place, but unlike wine our ciders are meant to be gulped not sipped! Some are bubbly, some are dry, and some have a hint of natural sugar, but all are meant to celebrate the simple pleasures. So join us in a toast to tradition, friendship and, of course, to Brooklyn.
Searched for: brand: brooklyn cider
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.