Established in 2004, the beautiful ultra-modern facility of Losada Vinos de Finca lies in the heart of Bierzo's finest vineyard area. Following an explosive period in which the Bierzo region leapt to worldwide fame on the merits of a few highly-extracted and noticeably oaky wines, Losada's founding philosophy is to take the region's wine to a higher level and maximize the elegance, balance and purity of expression.
Jesus Manzanares designed the winery's building after being inspired by an ancient winding stone wall, which now marks the original boundaries of the area and has since seen restoration and consolidation work. The architectural layout is catered to the winemaking process and experience, with the tasting room and looking point exposed to light and the wine production areas kept underground. This spatial organization of underground vinification and ageing creates the ideal environment for winemaking, keeps energy consumption down to a minimum, and contributes to the vineyard's efforts to protect the natural environment. Additionally, solar panels are used to supply energy for the entire process.
Losada wines are differentiated according to vineyard origin rather than length of time spent in the barrel. The vineyard believes that the role of the barrel is to let the wine breathe slowly through the pores of the oak, thus adding complexity and greater longevity to the wine without losing its freshness and varietal character. 100% Mencia vineyards owned or managed by Losada are farmed sustainably with yields kept to a minimum, and all wines undergo malolactic fermentation in French oak.
Searched for: brand: losada
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.