Everything old is new again. If you had visited Celler del Roure when it was initially created in 1995, you would have been treated to a modern, minimalist and spotless cellar with assorted stainless steel tanks and new French oak barrels. Such is not the case today. After touring the current technology in viniculture, you would be taken on a tour of the ancient property that includes an old olive press, various outbuildings and a subterranean cellar dug into the bedrock below the estate. This cellar afforded a glimpse of the winemaking practices of centuries ago. The winding halls of the cellar are lined by dozens of amphorae embedded into the earth with individual stone lids. Many have been joined by stone channels carved into the rock, serving as the most rudimentary form of gravity flow. Some amphorae have cracked over the years, but a surprising number remain in perfect condition.
Such a complete and well-preserved artifact of viniculture would have remained an intellectual curiosity for most people, but Pablo Calatayud founded Celler del Roure with the intention of exploring both how wines were made centuries ago, as well as how they would have tasted. Such an endeavor makes complete sense once you meet Pablo and understand his connection with the history of the Valencian region surrounding the village of Moixent. As a proponent of the indigenous varieties of the area, such as Mando and Verdil, how could he also not champion indigenous viniculture? While there are still "modern" wines made at Celler del Roure, the majority of cuvees age in amphorae in the ancient cellar.
Searched for: brand: celler del roure
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.