The domaine has excellent holdings on 10 hectares, one of which is Grand Cru. In the vineyards, lutte-raisonée is practiced, and hand harvesting and rigorous sorting ensure the highest quality fruit. Like mentor Jean Pierre Charlot of Domaine Joseph Voillot, the Bachelets make wines that are classically styled, emphasizing the inherent freshness, complexity and minerality in each cuvée; wines are fermented in barrel for a year and then transferred to cuves for 6 months, on lees the entire time.
From Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, Sept/Oct 2011: "Marc Bachelet describes 2010 as a typical Burgundy vintage from a small crop, without exaggerated acids or sugars. "We picked with very little rot," he told me, "and the premier crus were much riper than the village wines. It's a vintage with very good balance. In fact, 2010 has better ripeness than 2008. In '08, the ripeness came in the last ten days of the season." According to brother Alexandre, 2010 was the first year in which the Bachelets did no lees stirring. They do a strict debourbage but then work as reductively as possible. And they are slowly but surely reducing the percentage of new oak during elevage: it's now about one-third for the grand crus and 25% to 30% for the premier crus."
Searched for: brand: bachelet-monnot
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.