During the second half of the 19th century, Andrés Brugal Montaner, a Spanish national who had migrated from Sitges, Catalonia, Spain to Santiago de Cuba, decided to move to the Dominican Republic and take up permanent residence in Puerto Plata. While in Cuba, Don Andrés acquired expertise in the making of rum, and based on that experience he founded Brugal & Co. in Puerto Plata, the company produces several different kinds of rum. After introducing its dark rum into the market in 1888. It would mark the beginning of a long family tradition. Don Andrés, unknowingly, would become the forebearer of entrepreneurial leadership in Dominican society. In 1920 the company's first warehouses were built for the ageing of rum in oak barrels. By 1976, with Extraviejo, the company developed the Premium rum segment in Dominican Republic. In 1998 Brugal & Co. launched Brugal Limón, Brugal Pasión and Unico. In 2005, the company launched 5-liter steel dispensing barrels for its medium and low-tier brands. Today, the chairman George Arzeno Brugal and most of the board members are direct descendants of the founder of the company. Brugal is taking a lead role to establish that there is only one real rum - that which is actually produced from the sugar cane. Caribbean rum producers are concerned at the growing quantities of spirits being passed off as rum around the world. Efforts have now advanced hand in hand with the European Union to establish an official definition, and now Dominican rum can be classified under the prestigious label of Denomination of Protected Origin (D.O.P) as are the products of the region of Champagne, France and tequila from Mexico. With Brugal being the third largest producer of rum in the world, it has a lot to gain
Searched for: brand: brugal & co
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.