What's the best way to start a story that spans two centuries? Perhaps with the object that most clearly captures and puts the spirit of the story into words – and by "spirit" we mean both senses of the term. You see, the famous Schladerer bottle not only holds a spirit made from the best fruit, but also encapsulates the spirit of the family behind the popular fruit brandy specialties: the Schladerer family. The Schladerer bottle is a symbol of the passion – for unspoiled nature, choice fruits, solid craftsmanship and the highest quality – that the Schladerer family has poured into its fruit brandies from the very beginning. Our story begins in Bamlach am Oberrhein near Basel, which is where Sixtus Balthasar Schladerer was born in 1790. In 1813, he took up the craft of distilling fruit at his family home, laying the foundations for Schladerer's future success story. His son Sixtus moved to Staufen im Breisgau in 1844, married the daughter of the Kreuz Inn's innkeeper and went on to manage the establishment.
Connected to the inn was a post house, which explains why the inn was later renamed the Kreuz-Post and why the Schladerer coat of arms still bears a post horn today. Sixtus inherited his father's passion for distilling fruit and was able to generate enthusiasm for his fruit brandies that extended far beyond his guests at the Kreuz-Post. Sixtus's son, Hermann Schladerer, took over the reputable inn in 1876, along with its farm, vineyards and distillery, and turned it into one of the most popular inns around, with many guests traveling specifically to stay there from neighboring Switzerland and Alsace. Hermann also perfected and refined the art of distilling fruit brandy, transforming his "Chriesiwässerli" (Kirsch) into a sought-after signature drink.
However, it was the next generation of the family that would make the Schladerer name known the world over. Hermann's son, Alfred, took over his parents' business in 1919, devoting himself entirely to expanding the family distillery. A qualified restaurateur who had trained in France and England, and something of a marketing pioneer, he understood how to raise the profile of his creations, not least by designing the aforementioned square bottle.
Searched for: brand: schladerer
- 1 bottle
- $34.99 / ea
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.