CADE Estate Winery sits high above the fog line on the dramatic slopes of Howell Mountain, just northeast of the town of St. Helena. The building's striking architecture, a dialogue between gentle contours and strong rectilinear forms, suggests the complexity of their wines – powerful yet nuanced expressions of their mountain terroir. The winery blends right in with the impressive contrasts of the estate, a spot where cultivated vineyard rows meet tall evergreens and native Manzanita trees, all set against a backdrop of staggering Napa Valley vistas for a visitor experience not soon forgotten.
In 2005, Gavin Newsom, Gordon Getty and John Conover established CADE Estate Winery to craft luxury, high-altitude estate Cabernet Sauvignon from Howell Mountain as a complement to the valley floor wines of PlumpJack Winery. Like PlumpJack, CADE takes its name from Shakespeare, who used the term to refer to the wine casks – or cades – shipped from Bordeaux to England during Elizabethan times.
At an elevation of 1800 feet, the estate – 54 contiguous acres surrounding the winery – experiences a unique temperature inversion. During the day, conditions are cooler than those on the valley floor; evenings, on the other hand, grow warmer with the setting sun. This gives the grapes extended hangtime, allowing them to ripen fully and evenly for wines of exceptional density and balance. Our mountainside soils, characterized by volcanic ash and minerals, provide beneficial stress to vines that further concentrates the character of this unique terroir.
The team at CADE Estate believes that winemaking should honor the land, both aesthetically and ecologically. The estate's artistic, contemporary design, with its inviting rooms and wide open terrace, encourages guests to discover the ever-changing interplay among natural and architectural spaces. The environmentally responsible construction includes solar panels, naturally regulated caves, reclaimed and recycled materials and much more. CADE is proud to be the first organically farmed LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold Certified estate winery in Napa Valley.
Searched for: brand: cade estate
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.